Expectations for Home Learning Books
Minimum Requirement for Home Learning (Four key tasks)
As a minimum, we expect your child to complete these activities every day. Please see the structures of the day for how long each task should take.
- practice their spellings (Years One to Six);
- Read their reading book (Years One to Six); - Reading Eggs available this week
- play on TT Rockstars (Years Two to Six) or Hit the Button (Year One).
TTT Rockstars app and Hit the Button are both accessible by phone. Please let someone know at school if you can't access this.
The children will receive their spellings, PE sheets and reading books every other Monday.
Home Learning Books
If you have requested a home learning book or your child has been given them, please look at the structure of the day document for how long your child should spend on each book. Please can your child write the short date on each page they complete.
- Reception – Maths, shape and space book, and phonic book.
- Years One to Six – Maths, reading comprehension, grammar book and science book.
Some children have home learning books which might not match their year group they are in. This is either because they need to consolidate past learning or that they are on the SEND register and the work is more appropriate for them to do independently.
We request that Home Learning books are brought back to school every other Friday so they can be marked over the weekend and returned to you on the Monday. Mrs Moore will send out emails with timings and dates.