The Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School Information Report
Click on the SEND Information report below if you would like to find out the answers to any of the questions and about the support we offer to children with SENDs to enable them to reach their potential.
1. My child has special educational needs. Can they go to Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School?
2. What should I have a concern or worry?
3. How does the school know if my child has special educational need?
4. What is a SENCO?
5. How do I know that the provision which the school makes for pupils with special educational needs is effective?
6. How will I know how my child is doing?
7. How will you help me to support my child’s learning?
8. How will school staff support my child?
9. How does the school adapt the curriculum and learning environment for children with special educational needs?
10. How is the decision made about the type of support and how much support my child receives?
11. Will my child receive additional support during tests and examinations?
12. Will my child be included in activities outside the classroom such as school trips?
13. What support will there be for my child’s overall well being?
14. What specialist training have staff supporting special educational needs and disabilities had?
15. What specialist services are available to support school staff in developing skills to teach children with special educational needs and disabilities?
16. How accessible is the school, both indoors and outdoors?
17. How will I be involved in the school?
18. How will my child be able to contribute their views about their education?
19. What arrangements are made by the governing body regarding treatment of complaints from parents of children with special educational needs or disabilities concerning provision made at the school?
20. How are other services such as Health, Social Care, Voluntary Organisations and the Local Authority involved meeting the needs of pupils with special educational needs and disabilities and their families?
21. How will the school prepare and support my child in joining the school, transferring between classes within school, and in transferring to secondary school?
22. Contact details of Headteachers, SENCO and support services
23. Who do I contact if I am considering whether my child should join the school?
24. Useful websites